Wow. Did you feel that? Two amazing things just happened. I started this blog, and you are reading it. I have to admit I am terrified. I have a lot of hopes and dreams for this space, but for now let’s keep it simple: a place where I share what I am painting, and what I am cooking. I find something so beautiful and magnetic about fresh seasonal ingredients, and I try to make them the focus of my art and my kitchen. I hope you feel the same way and find this a space worth visiting.
Okay, now that that’s out of the way, let’s take the edge off with a cocktail, shall we? For my inaugural post and the beginning of what looks like some warm weather in New England, what better ingredient to celebrate with than watermelon?
Makes 2 Cocktails
1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
3 Tbsp triple sec
1 bottle of prosecco, or your favorite sparkling wine
fresh mint leaves & sliced watermelon for garnish
- Place the cubed watermelon into a deep bowl and pulse with an immersion blender, or mash with the back of a fork until most of the liquid has come out of the fruit.
- Pour the mashed watermelon through a strainer, over another bowl. Discard the remaining watermelon flesh, or reserve for another use.
- Add the triple sec to the watermelon liquid and give it a stir.
- Fill two rocks glasses halfway with ice, and divide the watermelon liquid evenly into both glasses.
- Fill the remainder of each glass with prosecco, garnish with a spring of mint and a slice of watermelon. Enjoy immediately, if not sooner.
This cocktail is perfect on a hot summer evening with a handful of salted corn chips, or if you are feeling stylish, serve it in a tall flute minus the ice. So fancy.